Accounting Specialist (Lubbock, TX)
- Job Description
- Physical Requirements
We are looking to hire an Accounting Specialist!
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The pay range for this position is $40,000 -$60,000 per year (dependent on candidate experience).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Aiding the Accounting Manager in monitoring the accounting activities for all companies
- Entering payables
- Aid in and verify timely completion of applying payments (checks, credit cards, and ACH) in system
- Scanning invoices and printing checks
- Reconciling vendor statements
- Collect all vendor invoices and follow up with any delinquent vendor invoices
- Aiding in completion of weekly & monthly checklists
- Resolving vendor payment issues
- Accurately & timely applying of customer payments in accounting software
- Research and resolve any payment discrepancies
- Completing variance reports
- Aiding in weekly business reports
- Assisting in payroll processing
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous accounting, office, administrative and/or billing experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred
- For ongoing education: 3.0 + GPA in Accounting/Business/Finance is preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Learn and use software and equipment, proficient in MS Excel, spreadsheet development, detail oriented, follow-up, conflict resolution and interpersonal skill
- 401K matching
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance benefits
- Sick/personal and vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Profit Sharing