Procurement Specialist (Available for Multiple Locations)
GVH Distribution, Available in multiple locations.
- Job Description
- Physical Requirements
JOIN OUR AWESOME CULTURE PLUS ELIGIBILITY FOR OUR UNIQUE AND REWARDING ANNUAL PROFIT SHARING PROGRAM!!!
GVH Distribution looking to add an experienced Procurement Specialist to our purchasing team!
If you are a self-starting and outgoing individual and are interested in becoming part of a highly specialized team, you belong at GVH Distribution.
The Procurement Specialist will be an integral part of our GVH Distribution team. The hours for this position will be Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This role requires a proactive individual who can effectively manage the procurement process from start to finish. The successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of our supply chain and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers. If you are a motivated professional with a passion for procurement, we encourage you to apply.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or qualifications required for the role.
- Managing the product inventory levels for our business practices
- Coordination of set-up of new item
- Communicating pricing updates to appropriate personnel
- Providing support to customers by being able to operate our specialized purchasing system
- Obtaining, analyzing, and verifying the accuracy of order information in a timely manner
- Maintaining a minimum of 99.5% fill rate and reduce the amount of overstock
- Obtaining vendor confirmation and delivery logistics, and invoices with the vendors
- Accountable for communication and customer service with both vendors and customers alike
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services
- Recommending potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Preparing product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
- Resolving customer complaints via phone, email, and mail
- Suggesting solutions when a product malfunctions
- General office duties
- 18 years of age or older
- One to two years proven experience in procurement or supply chain management
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; specifically Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze data and make informed decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing