Part-time Accounting Assistant
GVH Distribution, Lubbock, TX
- Job Description
- Physical Requirements
We are looking to hire a Part-Time Administrative Accounting Assistant in Lubbock, Texas!
The Part -Time Accounting Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the daily and monthly accounting functions.
This is a part time position that offers up to 20 hours a week. Our office operates Monday-Friday and we are willing to work with school schedules.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working alongside a team of highly motivated individuals to aid in the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, payroll, and other general accounting duties
- Aiding the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Representatives in completing the payables function as needed
- Research and resolve past dues, unapplied credits, short/over pays and make collection calls to aid the Accounting Team in reaching current goals
- GL coding, data entry, scanning and filing done accurately and in a timely manner
- Providing support to the Accounting Team by maintaining accounts within terms, accurate reconciliations, and accuracy in entries
- Learning company software and equipment
- Proficiency in in Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel), spreadsheet development
- Possess a detail oriented mindset, follow-up and follow through, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Aid in the progression by adding value and improving efficiencies of the Accounting Team and company in general
- 18 years of age or older
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous accounting, office and administrative experience preferred. Our Part Time Accounting Assistant must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance.
- Two to three years of general business experience, Accounting experience preferred
- Must be able to learn and use software and equipment, perform all job functions safely and work scheduled times
- General knowledge of data entry and accounting practices
- Skills in Microsoft Office
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Flexible Schedule